Vacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company with an enviable reputation who are working closely with blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors delivering their most important projects,
Your role will be to support the various Scottish teams to work on design and consultancy projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within the business.
• Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
• To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and obtaining, extracting and using existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
• Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement, presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
• Interface with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
• Managing a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
• Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
• Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings.
• Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
• Managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
• Review main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
• Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
What are they looking for in you:
• Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
• Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
• Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
• Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
• Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
• Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
The company offer a fantastic working environment and a host of excellent benefits including:
• For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
• Highly competitive salary
• Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
• One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
• Private healthcare
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Lots more!
• Annual Professional Subscription Paid
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Long Term Service Awards
• Discretionary Bonus
• Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
• Opportunity to invest in the company staff discounted share scheme
If you have the required skills and experience then please apply to Fiona Lynn.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11121
Closing Date: 28 September 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
|Contact Name||Contract Scotland|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist