Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: Up to £40,000 + car and benefits (depending on experience)
Closing date: 12 February 2017
Job ref. no.: Job ref. 12371
Peace Recruitment is working with a key contractor in Edinburgh to source a Quantity Surveyor initially for projects based in the north side of the city.
This is an opportunity to work with a contractor working on a number of large value residential projects in the east of Scotland. Working with the commercial manager the quantity surveyor will be site based and the project covers a wide variety of build types, including re-enforced concrete frame and steel frame structures.
Key Duties of the Position will include:-
- The procurement of sub-traders and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring that packages are robust and buying gain is achieved.
- Effective cash management including pursuit of timely Applications/ Certification/Invoices/internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts.
- Keeping the Commercial Manager informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub-contract through to finalization.
- Contract Administration – attending weekly/monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Timely production of the Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:-
- BSC Quantity Surveying
- Experience within main contracting/affordable housing/residential projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages and databases
In return, our client will provide a competitive basic salary + car/allowance, pension scheme and private healthcare.
Please apply using the link below. For a confidential discussion Nicola Monro directly on the numbers below.
|Contact Name||Nicola Monro|
|Telephone||0131 510 0304|
496 Ferry Road
About Peace Recruitment
Peace Recruitment is an independent recruitment consultancy focused on delivering a quality recruitment service to the built environment.
We recruit within Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Facilities Management, Health & Safety and Surveying. Other sectors include Energy, Renewables as well as Oil & Gas.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist