Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Salary: To £40,000 + flexible benefits including 9 day fortnight
Superb opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of the largest construction companies in the world. This consultancy provides a full spectrum of services across multiple sectors including commercial, government and industrial with project work in Rail, Highways, Property, Energy and Aviation.
Due to recent business wins as well as an impressive range of existing projects, there is an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the successful team in the central Glasgow office.
A competitive salary of up to circa £40K dependent on experience will be offered along with:
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours – 9 day fortnight available
- Flexible Leave
- Work/Life Balance policy
- Paid Subscription fees
- Flexible benefits package opt in - tailored to suit
- Excellent in-house training
- Paid mileage
The Quantity Surveying function within the Programme Management Construction Management division provides clients with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services. Candidates will be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery. Reporting to a Technical Director, the role will require the successful candidate to take a project leading QS role. The candidate should be client facing and demonstrate technical qualities for the role. The role will provide the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and will involve pre and post Quantity Surveying contract duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cash-flow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Training and Experience:
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Pre and post contract knowledge.
- Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Good general commercial awareness.
- Use of computerised measurement packages.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel
- Full clean UK driving licence.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking to genuinely further your career, this is certainly an exciting time to join this company. For more information, please contact Martene Paterson for a strictly confidential discussion.
|Contact Name||Martene Paterson|
|Telephone||0131 516 0030|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist