Project Manager/Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: úCompetitive plus core benefits
Closing date: 31 January 2017
Regional Commercial Manager / Design and Build Director
Purpose of Role
To manage the commercial aspects and delivery of Design & Build projects from commencement to completion. Fulfilling quantity surveying activities pre-contract and post contract and controlling all project costs with responsibility for commercial performance. Delivering projects to the full satisfaction of the client ensuring programme timescales are achieved, costs kept within budget and quality levels met for design and workmanship. Including management of members of project team including external consultants and contractors where required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- Taking commercial responsibility for projects allocated, maximising margin wherever possible and reporting on all commercial aspects of projects
- Preparing Budgets Costs and Cost Plans
- Advising on Procurement Strategy
- Preparation of Tender and Contract Documents including Work Packages
- Analysing costs and Formulating Tender Reports
- Appointment of contractors, issuing formal acceptances and PO’s including Preparation and completion of formal Contracts for projects – JCT, etc;
- Cost Control of projects, including control of Variations and implementing Change Control process and Production of regular Cost Reports to clients
- Formulation of Procurement Schedules and Cash Flow forecasts
- Undertaking and agreeing Interim Valuations and Final Accounts with both clients and sub-contractors
- Invoicing to clients and tracking of payment from clients and initial follow up of unpaid invoices to ensure payment terms are met
- Reporting on costs and margins using standard spreadsheets or forms – to be done on a regular basis as required by the Regional Commercial Manager / Design and Build Director
- Ensuring Site Management team are supplied with all information required regarding appointed contractors and work packages
Project Management Responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for the overall delivery of projects allocated, acting as the Main Point Of Contact for clients, and taking key decisions to allow project to be delivered
- Establish and agree client brief and requirements including delivery timescales. Assessing implications of a project on a client’s business and advising accordingly
- Leading a project team, co-ordinating and managing the design, procurement and delivery process. Including appointment and management of any externally appointed consultants
- Prepare schedules / programmes utilising Microsoft project or similar project management tools; understand and identify critical path items and control of action log
- Prepare a Project Execution Plan where required and formulate a Risk Register
- Chair project meetings and take minutes or produce action log
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with client requirements: within programme timescales; within budget and to the highest possible quality
- Management of contractors to ensure project objectives are met, including negotiation with contractors, etc
- Ensure projects are undertaken safely and in line with HSE requirements. Working with the QHSE manager as required and understanding the implications of H&S Regulations
- Reporting on overall project status to the Regional Commercial Manager / Design and Build Director
- Assist the Regional Commercial Manager and Design and Build Director as required
- Following departmental procedures
Experience and Knowledge
- Commercial and Contractual awareness
- Ability to lead project teams
- Experience of dealing with clients
- Have experience of a wide variety of construction methodologies and a technical knowledge base
- Evidence of leading project teams
- Experience of construction within the refurbishment and fit-out sectors
- Knowledge of standard construction contracts
Qualifications and Training
- Full clean driving licence
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and MS Project
- Degree or diploma level qualification in Quantity Surveying or in a construction related field
- Knowledge of project management techniques
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can do attitude
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency in completing tasks is required.
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative
- Leadership skills
- A professional approach
|Contact Name||HR Team|
50 Carden Place
About Space Solutions
Space Solutions is the leading independent expert in workplace design.
We develop creative design solutions to help our Clients get the best return from their work space - minimising costs and maximising productivity.
Our multi-disciplined team of service minded design, project management and relocation management professionals providing Clients with innovative solutions to any challenges associated with the provision and use of their space.
In-house turnkey contracting capability means that we can deliver all aspects of a project through to completion giving our Clients a reliable single point of contact and total confidence of on time and on budget delivery.
We work alongside other property professionals and provide the full range of workplace design services, allowing us to tailor a solution which meets the specific needs of our Clients.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist