Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civil EngineeringVacancy posted: Monday, 13 February 2017
Salary: Up to £50 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a regional civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow on multi million projects including roads, infrastructure, groundworks, substations and renewable energy.
- To liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- To maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- To liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- To monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- To prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
- To prepare Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same.
- To ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
- To ensure that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- To ensure that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- To manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Gain competitive advantage
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- To assist the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working for another civil engineering contractor
- CSCS card
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
Salary is up to £50 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare.
All applications received will be on a confidential basis and I would be more than happy to discuss the company and opportunity with you in more detail..
|Contact Name||Russell McCaig|
|Telephone||0141 637 9544|
70 West Regent Street
About Deanston Cooper
At Deanston Cooper we are committed to investing time and energy to find the perfect role that is right for you. We offer a consultative approach, making sure we understand your current situation and aspirations, before putting together a recruitment plan which will ensure that you achieve your career goals.
As experts in the Scottish Construction Industry, we will use our vast network of contacts and credibility to make sure that you are considered for a range of on and off market opportunities. You will always be professionally represented, consulted at every stage of the process and given all the right information to ensure you maintain your competitive edge. It's why many candidates use us exclusively to manage their career.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist