Senior Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Salary: Up to £55 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for in the Inverness Office of a national civil engineering contractor.
- To liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- To maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- To liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- To monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- To prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
- To prepare Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same.
- To ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
- To ensure that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- To ensure that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- To manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Gain competitive advantage
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- To assist the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working for another civil engineering contractor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
Salary is up to £55 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare.
All applications received will be on a confidential basis and I would be more than happy to discuss the company and opportunity with you in more detail..
|Contact Name||Russell McCaig|
|Telephone||0141 637 9544|
70 West Regent Street
About Deanston Cooper
Deanston Cooper is a market leading consultancy providing recruitment and career management solutions to the Construction Industry in Scotland.
The company was started through a strong belief that even in today's overcrowded marketplace there was an opportunity for a different type of consultancy. One that operates with honesty and integrity, whilst having the knowledge, skills and credibility to guarantee success. For our clients this means being able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the best possible talent. For our candidates it's making sure their next career move is the right move.
We made our Mission: "Determined to be different"
And we have been behaving differently ever since.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist