M&E Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Location: Lanarkshire North
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: MEQS1
M&E Quantity Surveyor
The purpose of the role is to ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a range of projects to maximise profitability and minimise risk.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
- In conjunction with the relevant Contract Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
- Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment. Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
The following are essential requirements for the role:
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
- Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
- Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
- Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
- Understanding of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance and Collateral Warranties
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective negotiation skills - both with internal and external customers
- Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
|Contact Name||Darren Mossman|
|Address||Trilogy One, Trilogy Business Park, 11 Woodhall, Eurocentral, Motherwell
About Ingen Technical Services
Ingen Technical Services have the capability to deliver sizeable Mechanical and Electrical, Construction and Renewable projects, from design to delivery. We have a diverse portfolio of projects across all sectors of the industry.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist