Quantity Surveyor Cost ConsultantVacancy posted: Monday, 5 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Location: Paisley, Renfrewshire
A.D.A Construction Consultants are a private practice located in Paisley, Renfrewshire and we provide Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration, Employers Agent and Project Management Services throughout Scotland to a steady client base. Our practice has a comprehensive portfolio of residential, commercial, leisure and local authority projects, and we primarily work with social housing providers and local authorities throughout the central belt.
Our current projects include new build social housing units, new build community facilities, halls, offices, retail units and sport facilities, refurbishment of multi-storey flats, new public realm projects along with a variety of refurbishment projects including window, door kitchen, bathroom and heating replacement contracts.
We currently have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join us and the successful candidate will work on a variety of project types including new build, refurbishment and maintenance in relation to the residential, leisure and public realm sectors. The successful candidate will work alongside the Director in a positive environment where their development will be supported and encouraged through professional learning and opportunities to become directly engaged in contracts throughout each stage of a project.
The successful candidate must;
- Hold a BSc (Hons) degree in Quantity Surveying
- Have attained, or be working towards attainment of, MRICS status through the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)
- Be able to work autonomously
- Have the ability to prioritise and self-manage
The candidate should also possess an awareness, or experience, of social housing and local authority projects although this is not essential and training will be provided in this respect.
Typical Daily Duties
The successful candidate daily duties may typically include;
- Interfacing directly with clients, designers and contractors, and maintaining good communication;
- Effective Cost Planning at RIBA Plan of Work Stages 1-4 including obtaining robust cost data and rates from industry recognised sources including BCIS and Laxtons;
- Providing prompt and reliable cost advice to clients and the design team to allow them to make informed decisions;
- Attending, chairing and recording Design Team and Site Progress Meetings;
- Delivering pre-contract and post-contract stages with minimal supervision;
- Preparing fully measured Bills of Quantities using recognised measurement rules including NRM2 and SMM7;
- Providing advice in relation to establishing the optimal form of building contract and preparing contract conditions;
- Issuing tender documentation, administering the tender period, undertaking a tender analysis and preparing tender reports;
- Undertaking valuation progress on-site, assessing contractor’s applications for payment and preparing valuation statements;
- Preparing cost reports, assessing variations, maintaining a variation schedule and identifying risks during the construction phase;
- Undertaking site remeasurement with the contractor;
- Managing change control procedures and issuing Employers and Contract Administrators instructions;
- Preparing and agreeing final account statements with the contractor;
- Compiling Life Cycle Costings and Component Accounting.
The successful candidate will provide a pivotal role within the practice and will be given an opportunity to develop their current knowledge, professional skills and experience to take them to the next level of their career.
- Salary – variable depending on experience
- Holiday allowance of thirty days, including statutory holidays, per annum plus an opportunity to buy additional holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Performance based annual bonus scheme
|Contact Name||Alan Shanks|
|Telephone||0141 237 6470|
|Address||St James Business Centre
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Project Quantity SurveyorISG plc, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist