Senior/Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Friday, 7 October 2016
Salary: úNegotiable DOE + Car or Allowance + Bonus + Bens
Closing date: 07 November 2016
Senior/Quantity Surveyor – New Homes
Stirling - Negotiable + Bonus + Car or CarAllowance + Bens
Salary: Dependent on experience + Bonus + Car or Car Allowance
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior/Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team based at our regional office in Stirling.
The main purpose of the role is to implement the control and reporting of all development/build-related expenditure to meet the Region’s business plan and future growth requirements.
To be considered you must be:-
A Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor who has experience within the house building industry with excellent communication skills (to include relationship building), proven and documented knowledge of all elements of residential developments.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you must be able to demonstrate excellent report writing, a good understanding of Quantity Surveying within the house building industry along with a keen Commercial awareness.
- Manage build costs, cash flows and budget financial information as per Group policies and processes.
- Ensure Group policies and processes are followed and reported fully on all development/ build-related expenditure adding value to the wider business and delivering the commercial objectives of the Region.
- Manage the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors to ensure that all contractual terms are met and ensure that all orders are placed, managed and settled as per Group policies and processes.
- Engage fully in the process of determining and agreeing site start programmes and timescales.
- Assist in the production of comprehensive Commercial reports / estimates for inclusion in Land Appraisals.
- Achieve the payment and PFA reporting timetable.
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
- Authorise and commit expenditure on the COINS system up to the Group approval limit.
- Produce key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the commercial function.
- Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product, specification and deals.
- At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company’s Health and Safety and Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
Key Duties and Requirements
- In depth knowledge and experience within the Quantity Surveying field ideally with a key focus on new homes
- A good understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build.
- Good Finance / Commercial awareness &Technical knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Good Knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
- Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
- Full UK Driving licence
Who are we looking for?
As well as being able to demonstrate your experience within the Quantity Surveying field, you must also possess an aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
A ‘Can Do’ attitude and smart appearance is vital as you will be presented to the business as a direct representative of the wider Commercial team and regional business.
The ideal candidate will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs.
About Avant Homes (Scotland) Limited
Avant Homes is one of the UK's leading privately-owned housebuilders. Our homes have established a reputation for innovative design and specification. Last year we built over 1,100 homes, from Dundee to Milton Keynes, and we have no intention of stopping there. In fact, our aim is to become the home builder of choice.
Operating in Scotland, the North East of England, Yorkshire and the Midlands, we have offices in each of those regions and employ over 530 people.
As a progressive, responsible homebuilder, we have a commitment to the communities we build in, and the people that live within them. As such, our focus is firmly on quality, attention to detail and the local area.
By benchmarking ourselves against other leading companies and comparing our approach with theirs, we know we're better than the rest.
We are Avant Homes.
And we're leading the way.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist