Mercat Tours InternationalVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Closing date: 28 October 2016
MERCAT TOURS INTERNATIONAL – Assistant
Mercat Tours International provides high quality educational tours to various sites of historic interest relating to WWI and WWII. These include:
- The WWI battlefields of the Western Front
- The WWII D-Day landing sites
We work with a team of expert guides, alongside established travel and accommodation providers, to ensure that groups have a unique and unforgettable experience. Our main audience are secondary schools, but we also provide tours for other, independent, groups of adults.
We have an opportunity for a self-motivated, well organised individual to take over the day to day running of the office based side of the company. This person will be the main point of contact with all of our suppliers and clients and help to ensure that we continue to deliver the high quality of service upon which Mercat Tours International has built its well established reputation.
As an ideal candidate, you should have experience of working in a busy office environment. You should preferably have some experience of working with schools and travel providers and in managing booking systems.
You should be a clear, confident communicator who can think through problems concisely and make decisions decisively. You should feel comfortable in working with a range of different people including guides, travel providers, teachers, parents and internal staff.
- To be a point of contact for our clients. Our main clients are secondary schools, many of whom are long standing customers
- To be a point of contact for all of our external suppliers – ferry companies, coach companies and accommodation providers
- To provide office and logistical support for our guides and ensure that all key materials and resources are made available for them and kept up to date
- To deal with booking enquiries from schools and other groups and ensure that all appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements are made
- To keep clear, up to date records of all booking enquiries, details and financial transactions.
- To communicate clearly with client groups and providers in all matters relating to their bookings
- Well organised and clear thinking
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proven ‘problem solving’ abilities
- Able to work independently, take responsibility and make clear decisions
- Sound book keeping and money handling skills
- A passion and enthusiasm for helping to deliver a high quality learning experience
- Experience of working with travel and accommodation providers
- Experience of working in a school based environment, or experience of working with schools
- Sound IT skills, preferably with a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel
Please send a CV and a covering letter, highlighting why you are the best candidate for the position to:
Manager, Mercat Tours International
Competitive salary offered. Please indicate your current salary and/or salary expectations with details of two referees.
Closing date 28 October 2016
|Contact Name||Fiona Austin|
|Address||28 Blair Street
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist