Data Quality Services DeveloperVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £37,858 to £39,660 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 06 November 2016
Job ref. no.: Ref: HFRS2219268
Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service
£37,858 to £39,660 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Fire and Police Service Headquarters, Eastleigh
37 hours per week
12 month, Temporary
An exciting vacancy has arisen within the Performance Management and Assurance Project, working within the Data Quality Services Team.
You will work under the guidance of the Data Quality Services Lead to develop and deliver relevant business rules to establish a core knowledge base, using Data Quality Services (DQS).
This will include developing, creating and staging repositories with related action workflows that align to the data quality standard; in addition to the creation of a central repository for reporting purposes and related integrated reports.
You must be able to work closely with the DQS Project Team Lead, Project Manager and identified stakeholders to implement the work package expectations; in addition to playing a key role in the implementation of testing cycles and user acceptance testing regimes.
An aptitude for problem solving with a flexible approach and manner is key; together with clear communication skills and ability to work under pressure to deliver to deadlines is highly desired.
Flexibility to attend project and team meetings across the HFRS sites when necessary is essential; and the ability to work on occasion from home or an alternative HFRS site, without supervision, is important to this role. During which times regular feedback and reporting to Data Quality Services Lead or Project Manager is expected.
You will have proven, recent experience in:
- The production of the data quality services layer, including knowledge base and staging database.
- MS SQL Data Quality Services including knowledge base development
- MS Visual Studio (MS SQL Server Integration Services)
- MS SQL Server Management Studio (Transact SQL)
- MS MDX (language used in integration services)
Other desirable requirements include:
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of the requirements as relayed from the Data Quality Services Lead to develop and deliver the appointed work package/s including the testing of workflows related to the knowledge base.
- Be able to liaise with and report progress on regular basis to the Data Quality Services Lead.
- Have clear communication skills and the ability to work with relevant stakeholders and internal contacts.
- Existing knowledge of HFRS internal systems an advantage, however not essential.
Some training will be provided as necessary.
Closing Date: 6 November 2016
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button.
Our Organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist