Customer Service StaffVacancy posted: Monday, 9 January 2017
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Closing date: 08 February 2017
Job ref. no.: CS0117-TB
POST: Customer Service Team Member
RESPONSIBLE TO: IT&Logistics Director
STATUS: FULL TIME (including initial 3 month probationary period)
36.5 hours per week Mon-Fri with weekend work on a rota basis
RATE: £7.50 per hour
To work as part of a team answering customer queries, organising collections for our drivers and providing admin support to the management team.
TO UNDERTAKE THE FOLLOWING RANGE OF TASKS:
- To answer enquiries across all online sales platforms
- To collect and check customer enquiries/replacements
- To answer the phone and transfer calls to the appropriate person or take accurate messages if not available
- To prepare direct sales and liaise with finance for payments
- To prepare and print orders for the picking team in the morning on a rota basis
- To help develop and maintain accurate records of customer feedback, returns and refunds
- To provide weekend cover for answering emails on a rota basis
- To phone shops for estimated collection volumes
- To update run sheets with estimated collection volumes and print off/email for drivers
- To update and maintain “On-Demand” collections as directed by Logistics Director
- To update and maintain Scales Database with accurate supplier information
- To inform Finance of any significant changes to supplier details
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- To update and maintain office records as directed by management
- To pick, pack and arrange collection/dispatch of “Express” Orders
- To help in the development of written procedures and policies for all aspects of the business administration processes
- To provide admin support for management
- To maintain a clean and debris-free work environment..
- To bring to attention of the management any potential improvement in Bookdonors’ systems & procedures or any necessary equipment repairs / replacements.
- To attend staff meetings and training events as required.
- Other duties as determined by the management.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Customer Service experience
- Must have good spoken and written English
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft programmes inc Excel and Word
- Access to a computer
- Call centre experience
- Marketing and Social Media experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
Applications may be submitted in the format of a CV and cover letter by post or email
|Contact Name||Mhairi Torrance|
|Address||Block 18 Mid Unit
Tweedbank Industrial Estate
Bookdonors Community Interest Company is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise which collects and then sells books online, collected from Charities, Libraries and other community enterprises to provide employment for people disadvantaged in the job market.
This helps us fulfil our social mission:
"Trading in used books to help people, charities and the environment"
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist