Financial Support SpecialistVacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 January 2017
Closing date: 01 February 2017
Job ref. no.: C04007
We have exciting unique opportunities for Financial Support Specialists to join our team in Glasgow.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn't happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond - every day.
The Financial Support function was established to provide customers with increased support when they need it most - ultimately improving our customers' experience of Santander. Your role within the team is vital to delivering the right results first time for our customers and ensuring we make a success of this high profile area within the business.
You can expect to speak with customers in financial strain and complete a budget planner with them to help them make the most of their money, some of whom will be in a vulnerable situation. You will also use your knowledge of Santander products and processes to tailor your resolution for the caller ensuring the needs of the customer are met.
You will be the driving force behind improving the customer experience and will handle live handover calls from Retail Contact Centre where they have identified the customer is experiencing financial strain. Your role is to understand the longevity of the strain and provide solutions to the customer to help them regain control of their finances and hopefully avoid future account charges.
As a Financial Support Specialist your main responsibilities will be
- Providing excellent service to customers
- Delivering a positive "can do" attitude
- Developing first class problem solving skills
- Building and developing relationships at all levels
- 100% focus on a first call resolution
- The ability and positive attitude to work with other business areas where support is required and a first point of contact resolution not possible
Minimum skills and experience required
- PC Literate
- Customer Service experience - Contact Centre preferable
- Clear understanding of how finance works, including budget planning/management.
- Good understanding of Banking products i.e. has a bank account, understands Credit Cards, Loans and Mortgages
- Able to successfully empathise with customers due to knowledge of the financial cycles and able to effectively work through (sometimes distressing) circumstances.
- Able to successfully negotiate with customer and handle objections in the correct manner when discussing and agreeing solutions
Starting salary is £15,330 + plus benefits
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Product, Retail and High Street discounts
We weren't voted one of the Sunday Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For' for nothing - we've got a reward package that's simple, personal and fair. In addition to your pay and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Women in Business network provides women with valuable development tools. We're creating a better balance of women in management positions, and empowering everyone to fulfil their true career potential.
You'll be working in the vibrant centre of Glasgow within walking distance from both main train stations and bus station. Offering an onsite restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to helping you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life. To support you in meeting your commitments outside of work, we offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options and we support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please click on the link below.
|Telephone||0044203 862 2578|
Santander UK plc., part of the Santander Group, is a leading financial services provider in the UK. We offer a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services.Company profile View all jobs with Santander
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- Stock AssistantAldi, glasgow
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Case InvestigatorScottish Legal Complaints Commission, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist