Customer Service AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Job ref. no.: CCA - Oct 16
This is a multi-faceted role well suited to someone from a contact centre background. You will support the membership team and the Managing Director in overseeing the membership recruitment and retention process. You will support all of the touch points in the customer journey for both new prospects and existing members of Green Tourism. The role is perfect for someone who thrives on a variety of activities as the role will involve not only administration and the delivery of exceptional customer service, but also the opportunity to sell membership to prospects.
As the Customer Service Assistant, you will provide exemplary support to prospects and members calling with a wide variety of queries, and managing issues that arise from initial contact to resolution. This will involve a multi-channel approach via inbound and outbound calls, email and letter.
The Customer Service Assistant will:
- Ensure the required level of customer service and communication is achieved by telephone, email, and web at all times
- Respond to all enquiries and correspondence, ensuring all are handled in a swift and appropriate manner following the Green Tourism process for recruitment and retention
- Monitor the numbers and types of enquiries and report to relevant teams for action & reports
- Investigate and resolve all membership retention requests in accordance with agreed processes in a timely and fair manner to achieve the best possible outcome for members and the business
- Develop and maintain knowledge of policies and procedures for dealing with members who have special or bespoke requirements and assist colleagues and management in creating processes to support them
- Identify potential issues relating to customer service and proactively work to find solutions to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to identify valuable and “VIP” members during the enquiry and recruitment process and sign post them to the relevant manager so that they can be supported through all aspects of their membership application
- Convert any enquiries about membership into leads and ultimately to full member status
- Contribute to the production and distribution of relevant internal reports as requested
- Support the workload of the membership team and other internal teams as required
- Execute administrative tasks as required
- Minimum of 2-years working within a customer service, call centre and sales role
- Experience of a membership based business or experience within a travel or tourism business would be advantageous
- Excellent letter writing skills and a high standard of written English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Knowledge of database management & CRM systems
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A level / Highers essential - Travel / tourism qualification advantageous
Friendly, Approachable, Team Player, Calm Under Pressure, Honest, String communicator, Collaborative approach, Helpful, Enthusiastic, People focused, Ethical, Passion for customer care, Target driven, Ability to self manage, Excellent personal presentation
|Contact Name||Andrea Nicholas|
|Address||4 atholl place
About Green Business UK Ltd
Green Tourism is the world's leading Sustainable Tourism Certification Programme with more than 2000 members across the UK, Ireland, Italy, Canada and Zimbabwe.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist