Player Services ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: úCompetitive & DOE
Location: St Andrews
Closing date: 27 January 2017
Job ref. no.: CL060117
Job Title: Player Services Manager
Reporting To: Assistant Director – Staging
Hours: 35 hours, Mon – Fri – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: St. Andrews
Contract: Full time - Permanent
The R&A, the governing body for the Rules of Golf worldwide (excluding the USA and Mexico), is seeking to recruit a permanent, full-time Player Services Manager to develop and enhance the way The Open and The R&A communicates with professional golfers and their management teams. This is a newly created role and presents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to introduce new structures and processes to provide a first-class service to all players who qualify for The Open or have any involvement with The R&A. This role requires a high level of organisation and attention to detail with the ability to communicate confidently and professionally to a number of key stakeholders. You must be able to use your initiative, adopting a pro-active approach and be positive, personable and approachable at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities are:
- Design, develop and administer an online player portal - working closely with other business units within The R&A - to allow players and their managers to channel the majority of Open related communication through this online platform.
- Send out formal invitations (letter and e-mail) to all players who are exempt / qualify for The Open.
- Distribute access to the online player portal to the appropriate contact for each player and/or manager and provide year-round support where required throughout the user journey.
- Compile the relevant content to be uploaded to the online player portal.
- Design, manage and support the interactive elements of the player portal such as; Championship entry, accommodation bookings, courtesy cars collections, practice round booking times, caddie registration etc.
- Promote and coordinate the use of the Autograph Zone at The Open to the players and their management teams.
- Manage player registration on site at The Open and be available throughout Championship week to provide information and support to the players, their friends and families.
- Manage the communication process with players and managers throughout Championship week ensuring all information regarding tee-times, rules notices, weather delays etc. is delivered quickly and accurately to all relevant parties through SMS and e-mail.
- Assist with the recruitment of players to undertake services for The R&A such as Patron golf days and other marketing and promotional appearances.
- Draw up the appropriate contracts to support player appearances.
- Act as general point of contact for all players and their management teams throughout the year surrounding all R&A or Open related matters.
- Assist the marketing team by gathering player related content throughout the year at other events and functions to be used on R&A social media platforms.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role liaising with athletes or managing customer experiences is essential.
- Experience of project management using online systems is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office is essential.
In addition, the successful candidate will require:
- Excellent I.T., administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter not afraid to approach players and managers in a professional manner to seek participation in task that will benefit The R&A and The Open.
- Ability to put new initiatives in place and see them through to completion.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time to achieve targets set.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels.
- Willingness to develop and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Must be prepared to work outside normal office hours, including weekends as and when required.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your c.v. and covering letter, stating your salary expectation to Caroline Lee by the clsoing date of Friday 27th January 2017.
|Contact Name||CAROLINE LEE|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist