Early Years Development Officer (FIF05627)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £24,046 - £30,560
Closing date: 30 October 2016
Job ref. no.: FIF05627
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 14 November2016
The position is divided into two distinct parts, each contributing to 50% of the post holders time during each working week:
1.As a member and, on occasions, leader of a team based within one nursery setting, to support the delivery of a broad and balanced early years curriculum ensuring a caring, safe, and welcoming environment is achieved.
2.To support and develop Early Years Officers within a number of nursery settings in a local geographical area, promoting examples of good practice and quality improvement. Also to act as a point of contact on a rota basis to provide guidance and advice, as appropriate, on Fife Council policy and procedures.
During both areas of work, to contribute to the creation of a positive nursery ethos which develops children's self esteem and personal identity in a climate of trust and praise, enabling each child to achieve their potential.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
•NC Early Years and Childcare or equivalent and HNC Early Years Education and Childcare or equivalent or
•SNNEB or equivalent or
•SVQ3 with experience in an Education Service Nursery or equivalent
Ability to register at practitioner level with SSSC within 6 months of taking up employment in this role.
Significant experience in an EYO post or equivalent.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.Responsibilities
As an Early Years Development Officer you will be responsible for:
• Identifying and developing examples of good working practice and promoting these within local nurseries to give a consistency of approach across Fife Council.
• Working collaboratively with the Management team in each setting to ensure local as well as Council wide priorities are targeted during development work.
• Working with others to identify and provide opportunities for staff to participate in appropriate professional development.
• Supervising the work of Early Years Officers, and others working within the Nursery, including report writing as appropriate.
• Ensuring that sufficient staff are available to meet pupils' needs in line with Care Commission and Fife Council standards, where appropriate.
• Making day to day decisions to ensure the efficient and safe running of the establishment.
• Acting as a point of contact on a rota basis to provide information and advice, at an appropriate level, to staff within other local nursery settings.
• Undertaking all other Early Years Officer duties when responsible, as a key worker, for a group of children including planning and promoting children's learning, development and welfare, assessment and monitoring and communicating with parents.
About Fife Council
We employ 20,000 people to provide 900 different services to 360,000 people and, we have one of the highest overall customer satisfaction ratings for a Council in the UK. The services we provide range from education, social work, housing, and community services to transportation, looking after the environment and developing the economy.
We are a large organisation and have a wide range of job roles from teachers, social care workers, community education workers, and planners, to support roles, like accountancy, IT and HR, not to mention communications and marketing, and law.
We operate the Positive about Disabled People scheme, commonly known as the 'double tick scheme', as we are committed to employing and supporting disabled people and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers him/herself to be disabled and who meets the minimum essential criteria for the post.
If you're looking for a real career challenge, you'll find it here in Fife!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist