Early Years Worker (Peripatetic)Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Salary: £22,610 - £26,217
Closing date: 04 October 2016
Job ref. no.: EAD01038
Post Reference: New Posts
Post Title: Early Years Worker x 2
Hours:10 hours per week and 25 hours per week Peripatetic
Section: Education - Early Years & Childcare
Location: Milngavie Nursery
You will be required to work as part of a team that supports the development of high quality early years services for children and families. You will provide children with a range of appropriate experiences and learning opportunities suitable for their age and stage of development within the context of local and national curriculum guidance and care standards. You will support the creation of a safe, caring, stimulating and inclusive environment for parents and families.
You will be enthusiastic and articulate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
You must possess a relevant childcare qualification as defined in the role profile.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
East Dunbartonshire Council is committed to ensuring the safety of vulnerable people and our recruitment process is designed to support this. The preferred candidate will be required to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills.
It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley.
With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles.
It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist