Primary School TeacherVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: Salary negotiable dependent on experience
Closing date: 09 November 2016
Focus School - Reading Primary Campus
401 Old Whitley Wood Lane, Reading, Berkshire RG2 8QA
Primary School Teacher
Full time: Monday - Friday 08:30 - 16:00, permanent position
Salary negotiable dependent on experience
Reading Primary Campus is a hardworking and very friendly independent school with a vibrant atmosphere, good results and a clear vision for the future.
The board of trustees work closely with the Head-teacher, teachers and support staff to provide an education that meets the needs of all children and parents within our non-selective intake. The school has a Christian ethos and a strong community feel where students, parents, employees, trustees and other stakeholders have a sense of belonging and ownership from a very young age.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly driven Primary School teacher to teach years 5 & 6 on a full time permanent basis.
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines
- Support initiatives decided by the Headteacher, Focus Learning trust and staff
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into planning
- Work with the Headteacher to track the progress of individual children and intervene where pupils are not making progress
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Promote the school’s code of conduct amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy
- Participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies
- Make effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching
- Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom
- Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers
- Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner
- Be an experienced teacher
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
- An attractive salary package
At the Reading Primary Campus we seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school.
Please visit our website for further information relating to Focus Learning Trust, alternatively you can follow us on LinkedIn.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion, to arrange a visit or to request a recruitment pack please email Alison Cobb by clicking the 'apply' button below.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 27 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist