ES7728 - TeacherVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Salary: £26,895 - £35,763
Closing date: 04 October 2016
Job ref. no.: FLK01930
Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit a class teacher who is a highly skilled practitioner, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by head teachers, teachers, early years practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for our class teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance their skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
The successful applicant will:
• hold an appropriate primary qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
The successful applicants who progresses to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to demonstrate their skills through an assessment centre approach.
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
• A consultation exercise, showing your ability to analyse difficulties and make suggestions.
• An opportunity to show competence in child based planning.
• A formal interview, focussing on your knowledge of GIRFEC and social/emotional needs.
Successful applicants for posts working with children or vulnerable adults will be subject to disclosure checks or the new PVG scheme and approval by Care Commission Scotland.
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
About Falkirk Council
Falkirk Council is a unitary authority which provides all local government services for the Falkirk Council area. Covering 112 square miles, it has a population of 151,570 and extends from Banknock in the west to Blackness in the east and from South Alloa in the North as far as Limerigg in the south.
The area contains varied countryside, including areas of considerable landscape quality. It also contains the port of Grangemouth and depends for its prosperity on a broad industrial base which includes sizeable industrial areas in Falkirk and Grangemouth.
The Council Headquarters are located in Falkirk but there are many service points throughout the area. The Council has in the region of 7,000 employees making it one of the largest employers in the area and has a net council general fund expenditure of ÃâÃ£344.8 million for 2012/2013.
Falkirk CouncilÃ¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢â¢s aim is to improve the quality of life for local people by working with all communities, sectors and groups to deliver high quality services which are accessible, accountable, responsive and provide value for money.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist