Learning & Volunteer CoordinatorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
The main responsibilities of this role will be developing and implementing a Learning strategy suitable for primary, secondary, tertiary education and the youth sector in order to increase the profile of and understanding of Poppyscotland’s work and to increase participation and funding from these sources. You will also be required to support the Volunteer Development Manager to implement the Volunteer Strategy and Operational Plan by recruiting, motivating, inspiring and supporting volunteers to maximise their value to the organisation. Evening and week-end work and flexibility with hours and travel, including overnight stays, will be required occasionally.
Duties include the following but further details are contained in the job description:
- To develop and evaluate learning resources and initiatives to increase understanding of our work and increase participation and fundraising support.
- To deliver learning initiatives, presentations and activities by establishing appropriate relationships with educational establishments and organisations throughout Scotland.
- To review current activities to determine gaps and potential development areas in E-learning provision.
- To provide guidance and advice in the development and delivery of fundraising initiatives within schools.
- To liaise with all relevant internal and external bodies including The Royal British Legion, Legion Scotland and Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory in the development and delivery of learning resources and co-ordinate and undertake joint educational activities where appropriate.
- To support the delivery of volunteer recruitment campaigns and volunteering initiatives.
- To support the design, implementation and evaluation of structures, systems and processes which develop and support volunteering within Poppyscotland.
- To support the Volunteer Gathering and other satellite events as appropriate.
- To support the implementation of a speaker’s network strategy.
- To support volunteer administration duties as necessary including maintaining records of all activities, filing, correspondence and post.
Skills / Experience required
- Understanding of the Scottish education system.
- Knowledge of current and emerging communication technologies.
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to take on responsibilities, challenges and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters including children and young people.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences.
- Excellent planning and project management skills, including the ability to deliver multiple priorities.
- Flexible and open to change with a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Strong new business development and networking skills.
- Good financial management skills including ability to forecast and provide accurate income and expenditure detail.
- Confident MS Office user with the ability to set up and use spreadsheets and use databases.
- Full UK driving licence
- PVG certificate required
- Experience of working with volunteers and current knowledge of fundraising approaches and the links with volunteering
|Contact Name||Pamela Beattie|
New Haig House
Logie Green Road
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist