Support for Learning AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £16,113 - £18,176
Closing date: 07 October 2016
Job ref. no.: EAD01054
For Part-time and Term-time hours salary will be prorated
POST TITLE : SUPPORT FOR LEARNING ASSISTANT
GRADE : 4
HOURS : 27.50hrs Permanent
Monday: 8.45am – 3.15pm (one hour for lunch)
Tuesday: 9.50am – 4.00pm (40 minutes for lunch)
Wednesday: 8.45am – 3.15pm (one hour for lunch)
Thursday: 9.50am – 4.00pm (40 minutes for lunch)
Friday: 8.45am – 3.15pm (one hour for lunch)
LOCATION: Douglas Academy/Peripatetic (may require to work in other schools)
You will provide support to children and young people with additional support needs within Douglas Academy.
You will be responsible for the personal care needs of pupils and under the direction of the class/subject teacher, you will help pupils with specific learning activities and to follow instructions and organise their work. When required you will provide supervision for pupils outwith the classroom eg in the playground, corridors, dining area, during PE and organised school trips.
You will have a pleasant, tolerant manner and a proven capacity to establish positive relationships with children and young people. Experience of working with children and young people with additional support needs and an interest in their development is essential.
A relevant qualification in childcare is desirable.
Please note, this is a term time post.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills.
It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley.
With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles.
It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
- Social Care Assistant - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist