E-Learning Content Developer / Instructional DesignerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
Post Title e-Learning Content Developer / Instructional Designer
Department Online Learning
Responsible to e-Learning Manager
Posts Supervised None
PURPOSE OF JOB
ICS Learn is the UK’s longest serving distance learning provider and we are looking for a talented e-Learning/Online Learning Manager to lead the next phase of our development strategy. We currently offer an exciting range of accredited, supported online study programmes and we now wish to take this development to the next level.
With a technical, media or education background you will have significant e-Learning development and training experience. Reporting to the e-learning manager you will be part of a team to lead the identification, commissioning, design and development of e-Learning and web based projects across the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking part in detailed design and development efforts within the parameters established for the overall programme/curriculum, typically in consultation with other specialists.
- Play a key role in development projects from implementation through to evaluation
- Develop quality, pedagogically sound content that meets the needs of the customer in terms of content and delivery
- Keep up to date with pedagogical trends and developments, and work with colleagues to ensure that ICS services and products lead in standards for supported online learning
- To ensure the current portfolio is maintained and that content is kept current in line with curriculum department requirements and industry standards
- Consult and work with the whole ICS team, including directors and heads of department, to help strategise specific needs incorporating the digital technology structure.
- Evaluate projects against business cases and measure effectiveness of online learning against these and their expected returns
- Support VLE (Moodle) upkeep and development
- Contribute to the Company Strategic Plan; to ensure that all activity supports relevant parts of the plan and the appropriate Departmental Plans.
- Be part of digital transformation programmes to provide best practices, operating models, process designs and capability definition
- Serve as a resource for teams in the development of insight driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to implementation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s processes and procedures resulting in improved efficiencies within the business and improved service levels to the customer
- Act as a member of specific project teams
- Some evening or weekend work may be required
- Any other duties required by the company which are reasonable in the context of the post
|Contact Name||Paul Wade|
|Address||Online Learning Manager|
ICS Learn are experts in delivering professional training and personal development courses via online learning. Over 10,000 students each year choose us as their trusted training provider in order to progress their career.
Online learning gives students the flexibility to fit their learning around other commitments, and gives them the chance to complete training whilst earning a salary.
We are looking for motivated individuals to help us achieve our goal and have several exciting opportunities at our head office in Glasgow.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Project & Development CoordinatorCIC Group (Community Integrated Care), glasgow
- Sales Membership Managers, General & Assistant Managers - Leisure and FitnessCOREcruitment, glasgow
- Design ManagerISG plc, glasgow
- Curriculum Co-ordinator HR & L&D ProgrammesICS, glasgow
- Traffic ManagerMcPherson Ltd, dumbarton
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist