Trainee Police Enquiry Centre OperatorVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: Band 2E £26,775 per annum pro rata INCLUSIVE of up to maximum 34% Primetime shift allowance
Control Rooms & Enquiries Department
Band 2E £26,775 per annum pro rata INCLUSIVE of up to maximum 34% Primetime shift allowance
Full-Time and Part-Time
The Police Enquiry Centre is ready to deal with 999 and 101 calls from members of the public 24/7. Our officers need as much information as possible to deal with emergency situations and you’ll have the crucial task of dealing with callers and carefully recording the most important and relevant information. Our comprehensive training will equip you with the skills to be able to evaluate the urgency of the situation and to prioritise.
As part of your initial development you will have the opportunity to complete a vocational qualification in Police Service Communication and Initial investigation accredited by SFJ Awards.
You will be able to assess risk and control a situation in a calm and logical manner. You must be able to communicate with a diverse range of people and obtain crucial information, often in highly challenging situations. A good aptitude to navigate IT systems is essential along with a willingness to learn bespoke in house systems. Prior to interview you will be required to take an operator test which will include the ability to type 30 words per minute. Literacy is vital along with a good standard of education.
Benefits of working at TVP
- Competitive Pension Scheme.
- Generous Annual leave – minimum 24 days per annum rising to 29 days after 5 years.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Retail, Food and Leisure discounts.
- Performance related pay.
- On completion of the Skills for Justice qualification (SFJ) in 2nd year of service will result in pay uplift.
Part-Time /Flexible Shifts - minimum 25hours per week to be worked over 4 days
- Each shift will be at least 5 - 8 hours
- Shifts will cover the hours of 15:00/16:00 – 23:00/24:00, with some flexibility.
- You will be required to work 3.5 weekends on, followed by 2.5 weekends off
- Initial training will be delivered on a full time basis during the first 11 weeks.
When you join Thames Valley Police, you’ll complete an electronic preference form. You can specify your preferred rest day (Monday to Friday); preferred start and finish times and preference of shift type e.g. earlies and nights. These preferences are taken into consideration when scheduling – however we cannot guarantee you will get all your shift choices, as the system works according to operational requirements. Please note:
If you have been interviewed and were unsuccessful for the Trainee Police Enquiry Centre Operator role you must wait six months prior to reapplying.
Please note that if your Trainee Police Enquiry Centre Operator application is successful, you will need to complete 12 months in the role of Trainee Police Centre Enquiry Operator before you can apply to become a Police Officer.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Monday 31st October 2016.
Events: We regularly run recruitment events at our Police Enquiry Centre in Kidlington. These are a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the role and ask any questions you might have. The next event is the 08 November 2016 (18.00 -20.00, HQ North, Kidlington, OX5 1NZ). .
We are keen to recruit people with a wide range of skills and experiences and an understanding of cultural issues. We are particularly encouraging people to join us from black, Asian and other minority ethnic communities who are under represented in the Force.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Administrative AssistantThe Educational Institute of Scotland, edinburgh
- Packing Operator - NightshiftUnited Biscuits , glasgow
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist