University Driver/Security OfficerVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: Grade 5 £21,220 - £23,879 p.a.
Closing date: 22 January 2017
Job ref. no.: SERV00576
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 22 January 2017.
The key objective of the University Driver is to drive Official vehicles as part of University business. This includes the chauffeuring of senior representatives of the University including members of the University Court, the Chancellor, the Principal & Vice-Chancellor, VIPs including visitors and business partners from other countries and other senior members of staff. When not carrying out these duties, the University Driver will be expected to support the Security Team in carrying out security duties. It is important that the team provides an effective, professional and customer- orientated service and the University Driver will have a key role to play in this respect. The post holder will need to be confident and courteous, displaying good judgement, tact and diplomacy at all times.
Description of Duties
Reporting to the Security Supervisor and in their absence, the Security Operations Manager, the University Driver will work as part of the extended security team which comprises in addition to the above roles, 4 teams of 6 security officers.
The following duties are not intended to be exhaustive but highlight the main tasks and responsibilities of the post:
- Carrying out official driving duties for senior representatives of the University
- Keeping drive request records up-to-date on a daily basis
- When required, liaising directly with the Principal, Senior Managers and their respective P.A.s, regarding any specific drives-related issues
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the Official Car and keeping accurate records of mileage etc.
- Carrying out routine vehicle checks including for example, tyre pressures and fluid levels and ensuring that formal maintenance requirements are undertaken at times that align with the University’s business
Augmenting the security team whose duties include but are not restricted to:
- Responding to incidents and where appropriate liaising with the Police and other emergency services in connection with security incidents including first aid requests
- Compiling accurate, objective and comprehensive incident reports in electronic format
- Ensuring that buildings and rooms are secured and made ready for use in line with planned operational use of the facilities
- Ensuring that lost and found property is accurately recorded and passed on to the relevant authority
- Dealing with complaints, investigating them as necessary in line with the University’s procedures, and escalating these to the Security Supervisor/ Security Operations Manager or other relevant staff as required
- Staffing the Security Control Room in Cottrell Building, as part of the duty roster, and being responsible for operating and monitoring the University’s CCTV surveillance systems, monitoring alarm systems, and implementing appropriate procedures following alarm alerts and activations
- overseeing the operation of the University’s traffic and parking management procedures and enforcement of the Traffic & Parking Regulations including, car park patrols, traffic management and the issuing of Private Parking Notices
- Safekeeping, storage, authorisation of issue and recording of use of keys
- Responding to requests for First Aid and providing appropriate First Aid assistance
- Escorting staff with cash and valuables between Department and to the Bank
- Providing information and assistance to visitors, staff and students
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist