Flood Risk Engineer / Senior EngineerVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 October 2016
Salary: £32000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 20 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 14348
Due to success and continual growth our client, an internationally-recognised multidisciplinary consultancy is seeking to appoint motivated and experienced Flood Risk Engineers to join their Edinburgh office to assist in a healthy portfolio of river, coastal and urban drainage modelling projects for a variety of public and private sector clients.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design and coordinate a range of flood alleviation schemes with the management of surface water, ground water and fluvial flood risk from inception to construction
- Produce design products, including calculations, sketches, detailed design drawings and report
- Deliver SUDS and drainage strategies for new developments
- Oversee hydraulic modelling to inform the design process
- Ensure projects are met on time and within budget
- Liaise with clients, colleagues and contractors
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. BEng)
- Evidence of continuing professional development and ideally chartership (or working towards this)
- Previous experience of delivering engineering solutions to flooding issues, design of drainage and hydraulic modelling processes
- Good knowledge of Floods and Water Management Act, local flood risk strategies, strategic Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and Surface Water Management Plan
- Knowledge of industry software is desirable
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors
- Good verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit
|Contact Name||cheryl candlish|
About Mattinson Partnership Ltd.
Mattinson Partnership is one of the UK's leading recruiters for environment, transport and civil engineering jobs. Now in our 10th successful year, we have grown to become one of the most highly respected recruitment consultancies providing services across the UK and globally. We have built our reputation by delivering the highest levels of service and try to make the challenging process of recruiting staff as enjoyable as possible.
In October 2012, we set up a dedicated office in Central Glasgow to better serve our clients north of the border.
Our specialist sectors include; transport, environment, planning, civil engineering, sustainability, building services & energy.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist