Solutions Project ManagersVacancy posted: Friday, 21 April 2017
Closing date: 28 April 2017
Job ref. no.: water877
We have an excellent opportunity with a construction company operating across the Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Water sectors.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop new enquiries from inception up to procurement ready for handing over to delivery function. We require 1 in each of the following disciplines, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil
* Ensure that comprehensive site surveys, measurements are undertaken. This must include obtaining, photos, asking questions of operations, understanding of process, assessing access and egress to generate either a concise scope agreement report for the client or a site survey report.
* To deliver a presentation at bid strategy meeting to the team involved in a priced enquiry
* Management of the bid process from inception through to price submission by utilizing the solutions delivery team and also identifying the need for resource from wider business such as design, procurement, operations, commercial, etc.
* Identification of efficiencies, risks and opportunities that will benefit the company and our client either at the pricing or delivery phases depending on the competitive nature of the submission.
* Prepare supplier / subcontractor enquiry packages and liaise with Procurement to obtain competitive and compliant prices from the supply chain
* Ensure technical and commercial compliance of priced submissions
* Preparation of simple pre-contract programmes and utilizing a project planner for more complex programmes.
* Liaison with Estimator to produce a coherent, compliant, competitive and auditable estimates that are submitted on time and to agreed timescales.
* Updating the Solutions Delivery Manager regularly on progress and / or concerns
* Presentation at internal tender reviews to demonstrate / explain how the price has been built up and to justify a robust pricing model
* Presentation at internal contract award kick-off meeting to solutions delivery team and members of the wider business that will be involved in the delivery phase.
* Production of concise procurement schedule and management of the procurement process
* Updating of simple project contract programmes and utilizing a project planner for more complex programmes.
* Risk & opportunities management
* Liaison with the design department to ensure that agreed deliverables are produced on time and to correct quality. Approval / sign off of design deliverables (checked by others)
* Responsible for ensuring the production of concise agreed set of deliverables ready for handing projects to delivery
* Liaison with construction & commissioning manager to ensure constructability.
* Financial reporting of projects up to point of handover to construction & commissioning.
* Updating of the Project execution plan
* Construction & commissioning stage
Skills & Qualifications required
* Mechanical, Electrical or civil Engineering Degree or HND or able to demonstrate relevant practical or vocational experience
* Computer literate
* Competent in MS Excel with experience of MSProject and / or P6 Primavera planning software a benefit
* Clear understanding of NEC form of contract (preferable)
* Understanding of water and waste water industry and processes and can demonstrate this.
* Appreciation of financial cost control (supported).
* Problem solving and identification of alternative solutions and efficient opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business with long term potential for advancement.
|Contact Name||Alanna Hutton-Stenhouse|
About Avenue Recruitment
If applying by email please send your CV in Word format.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist