Junior Equipment EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Closing date: 27 September 2016
Job ref. no.: JDR37233
Junior Equipment Engineer
Eden Scott's client is a young and energetic company developing revolutionary and flexible assay platform technologies that will transform In Vitro Diagnostic testing and provide next generation healthcare.
They have a purpose built facility in Stirling and are looking to make the new appointment of a Junior Equipment Engineer who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of their company.
As part of a small team supporting the engineering and facilities function of the business, you will undertake and lead small projects in addition to being active in large scale, cross functional projects, working closely with senior engineers and maintenance personnel throughout.
The engineering group is responsible for laboratory equipment, high volume production equipment, packaging equipment and air handling systems and associated equipment. You can expect to have exposure to, or be working on, all of these assets.
As well as carrying out equipment project work, you will develop, document and implement processes and procedures required within the engineering function. You will also be able to show a hands on approach to problem solving and troubleshooting in both equipment & process issues.
- Provide the lead on small engineering projects from conception and design through to delivery and validation.
- Support the implementation, development and management of the CMMS
- Achieve the required degree of competence on all equipment sets
- Carry out troubleshooting activities on production & facilities equipment
- Identify critical spare parts, establish holdings and maintain stock
- Execute validation and other qualification activities
- Liaise with & manage external contractors
- Adhere to GxP (GLP, GMP, GCP) and work within the company QMS
- Identify validation risks and their likely impact (i.e. understand impact of equipment modifications on validation)
- Ensure an appropriate audit trails exist
- Maintain and update records
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Relevant technical experience in the medical device (or similarly regulated) industry
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office products
- Ability to correctly identify & resolve equipment issues with the use of a range of aids and techniques eg schematics, manuals, validation documentation, CMMS
- Familiar with SolidWorks or similar CAD packages
- PC / PLC programming experience
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt Qualification
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified, or equivalent, in a relevant Engineering discipline.
You can expect a salary commensurate to your experience.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Jack Reid on 0131 550 1120
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Jack Reid|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist