Auto ElectricianVacancy posted: Monday, 9 January 2017
Salary: £9.07 - £10 per hour
Closing date: 23 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 911368
PURPOSE OF JOB
To build RCV's while meeting targets for safety, quality and performance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wire the control box to the chassis
- Ensure units are produced to standard times and quality targets
- Provide on the job training to other employees
- Ensure work area is kept tidy and hazard free
- Ensure any defect tools are reported to the Cell Leader
- Report any health and safety issues/concerns to Cell Leader
- Ensure agreed stock levels are maintained
That at all times ensure that compliance with company policies is maintained, particularly:-
Total Quality Management and ISO 9001
This Company is dedicated to pursuing a 'Total Quality Management Philosophy'. The Company is certificated for ISO 9001. It is therefore a requirement that duties are carried out as per the Quality Manual in the Department. In addition, a basic knowledge of the complete Quality Manual must be attained.
Health & Safety
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Company Safety Policy, the employee has a responsibility to carry out the above duties in a safe manner in accordance with the Safe Systems of Work and the procedures laid down under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Handling sensitive issues with care and thoughtfulness
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches
- Able to work with others, communicating and building robust working relationships with other departments and people across the business
- To support other members of the team in times of pressure
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action points within the time frame set.
- To handle confrontation when faced with conflict in a professional and calm manner.
- Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the customer
- Able to adapt working patterns and proactively engage flexibility and change
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
- To be a positive ambassador for the business
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle electrics
- Loom running
- Ability to read and understand Electrical Schematic drawings and fault finding
- Be familiar with electrical control systems
- Knowledge of PLC and programming
- PC literate
- Pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge would be an advantage as would an electrical apprenticeship
- Knowledge of production processes
- Previous experience of working within a strong safety culture
- Previous experience of working as part of a team
|Contact Name||Angela Henderson|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1383 840090|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist