Quality EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Salary: up to £30k PA DOE
Allied Vehicles Ltd is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible mobility vehicles and vehicle adaptations. We have a countrywide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction.
A new opportunity has become available for a passionate and enthusiastic Quality Engineer who will provide quality support to our Production and Engineering department in carrying out problem solving investigations and implementing root cause corrective actions, as well as supporting the business needs in respect to vehicle quality/improvement by developing a culture of customer ready quality at all stages of production.
Our ideal candidate will have an HNC in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (e.g. Automotive or Aeronautical). Experience in 3D CAD and will come from a Quality background.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Support Production in reducing time spend on final audits while maintaining recognised standards on vehicle conversion – utilising your team to achieve positive results
- Support Production in eliminating recurring defects, by driving root cause corrective actions and ensuring continuity of specified products across production processes
- Introduce and develop audits via use of stage gate inspections comprising of defined standards/tools/checklists/functional tests
- Provide support and carry out audits on all vehicle prototype builds as required
- Provide support to external build partners where required and support closure of customer issues where required within the business
- Ensure vehicles meet all legislative requirements
To be effective in this role, you will have; advanced computer literacy, the ability to read and interpret engineer drawings and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have experience of working in an automotive/manufacturing environment with an excellent grasp of engineering and design principles and of sheet metal fabricating and the design of new products. Supervisory or line management experience, including; completing 1-2-1’s, appraisals and return to work meetings is also advantageous. Previous experiences of working with ERP, ISO discipline and with COP are desirable but not essential.
Working Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and a Friday 7.30am – 3pm, this position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer a basic salary of up to £30k PA depending on experience, 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), Group Pension Scheme, Group Life, Car Lease Scheme and Aftersales Discounts.
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of our friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, please forward your CV stating your reasons for application and current salary via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
****NO AGENCIES PLEASE****
|Contact Name||Michaela McIntosh|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist