Automation & CNC (CNC Systems) SpecialistVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 1600641
- The purpose of this role is to operate as a technical specialist across the site and to collaborate on new technologies and innovations.
- The successful candidate will be required to develop, construct, install, service, modify and correct malfunctions on all types of electrical, electronic and/or mechanical machines and equipment, circuits and systems
- Candidates will also be required to perform initial checkout and installation of company assets that have been acquired, installed, repaired, relocated, or rebuilt to ensure proper functioning of the control system.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To operate both internally and externally as an expert with advanced technical skills.
- To collaborate on new technologies and innovations and provide training to other employees.
- Maintain current licenses and certifications required to perform the above duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and work with Management, Engineering, Contractors, Equipment Manufacturers/Vendors and other organizations to analyze facility power and equipment design for the purpose of safety, capacity, contingency and improvement requirements and to plan, design, and provide equipment specifications, installation oversight and sequence the installation of new and rebuilt power and manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Research, develop, evaluate and deliver skill training.
- Perform complex machine Alignment and Laser Calibration. Establish best practice options to define and test assets that require close tolerance operation and functionality.
- To compile new hardware/software justifications/commissions.
- To act as a focal point and support Customers & Suppliers (often at a senior level).
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Be well versed in Industrial Automation, Robotics and CNC manufacturing systems and practices.
- Four years minimum of previous industrial Automation experience and completion of a Technical Craft apprenticeship within a relevant engineering discipline, or formal degree in addition to practical experience.
- Be an expert in best practice techniques and tools of the trade (for example the use of software packages or mainframe systems).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Have some experience of preparing and delivering training on Automation equipment.
- Be able to work well within a team and be creative and innovative when solving problems.
- Experience in manipulation of Data (software) and complex machine calibrations / tooling checks
Please Note: Additional relevant knowledge, experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Contact Name: Brian Grant
Contact Telephone Number:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist