Senior Power Design EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: £Excellent Salary + Benefits
Closing date: 11 February 2017
Job ref. no.: 91521BR
Senior Power Design Engineer
Location: Glenrothes, Fife
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced senior engineer to make their mark on a broad and varied range of Aviation power conversion products on a new flagship programme for the More Electric Aircraft.
This role is a key player in defining the complete engineering product solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including hardware, software, safety, security and integrated logistics support.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference. The role will require experience in power electronics, preferably from the Aerospace Industry, with ability to solve complex technical problems on new and existing power products.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Good knowledge of high power (up to 200kW), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Design circuits in analogue, power and digital
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes
- Experience in working in E-CAD (Mentor preferred) for schematic capture and layout/placement
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation and thermal analysis
- Work with Customers to develop the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
- Support Engineering management in the development and growth of power conversion designs and programme execution.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Ideally experienced in the use of Mentor with some of the following: Constraints Editor; Hyperlynx Power Analysis; SystemVision simulation
- Experience in LT Spice simulation & Orcad simulation would also be advantageous.
- Design of Switch Mode Power Supplies up to 5kW.
- Design of Invertor and Power Factor Correction.
- Design of Full Bridge, Flyback, Forward topologies or exposure to others.
- Design or exposure to FPGA or DSP control.
- Design or exposure to using NI Labview.
- Precision Analogue Design.
- EMC Filter Design.
- Reliability and calculation techniques.
- Stress & de-rating analysis.
- Product Quality Testing.
- Aviation Industry experience an advantage.
- Proven team leadership in Product Developments.
- HND / BSc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Candidates with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered.
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming Chartered.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK Power & Control Business & Manufacturing centre of excellence is an exciting place to work for top rated professionals who desire a challenging yet rewarding role. With headquarters in Glenrothes, Scotland, the Power and Control business designs, develops and manufactures advanced power conversion products and electronic control systems. These consist of power management and distribution; missile guidance and control; AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies; motor control; power modules; hybridCompany profile View all jobs with Raytheon
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist