Mechanical Engineer (Reliability)Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Location: Ayrshire North
Job ref. no.: NJ1617
- Analyse plant performance, maintenance history, preventative maintenance and asset utilisation data to assist in determining the criticality of installed equipment.
- Facilitate Criticality Ranking sessions progressing IER actions to closure.
- For critical equipment facilitate the Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) investigation.
- For failure modes of critical equipment investigate alternative ways to control the failure mechanism.
- Where required facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations.
- Ensure that the database is up to date with the criticality of installed equipment.
- Define, Measure, Analyse & Improve the Preventive & Predictive Maintenance (PPM) achieving maximum availability of the plant against the lowest costs.
- Translate PPM Plan into specific preventive maintenance activities and procedures.
- Identify and prioritize performance killers and cost drivers related to equipment reliability by evaluating the performance of the plant using statistical methods such as RCA and FMEA.
- Propose and initiate solutions to eliminate actual / potential performance killers and discuss with stakeholders.
- Recommends improvement projects that are sent to the Improve Plant process.
- Safeguard the availability of critical and other spare parts for the plant.
- Increase user knowledge / ownership by supporting training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure all work carried out meets SHEQ requirements.
- Maintain IER KPI's to meet Manufacturing Excellence standards.
- Implement/Propose new techniques to improve the IER work cycle i.e. Lean Six Sigma.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering coupled with extensive experience within a similar role. You will have a demonstrable track record of technical competence in your discipline and have effective analytical and problem solving skills. Experience of working within a packaging or process related industry is desirable although not essential.
To apply please send your CV to Nicola Japp of BWSR by clicking on the apply button.
Brightwork Ltd offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
|Contact Name||Nicola Japp|
|Telephone||0141 272 8119|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Nicola Japp Tel :- 0141 272 8119|
About Brightwork Specialist Recruitment
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (BWSR) was founded in June 2008 to support the existing and growing Brightwork Ltd business to provide a more comprehensive service to clients and candidates across a wide range of industries.
Our expertise lies primarily within the core areas of Supply Chain and Procurement, Logistics, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Operations Management and all levels of Human Resource Management.
As a 100% employee owned business, we are committed to ensuring optimum service levels to our clients and candidates.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist