Mechanical Design EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Closing date: 16 October 2016
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is an established and leading engineering and design consultancy who are looking for an ambitious and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for their Glasgow office.
A well established market leader in excellence. Due to recent growth they are looking for a mechanical design engineer/Senior mechanical design engineer to add to their team.
You will be working within a team of engineers on a number of prestigious projects within a range of sectors and you will be reporting directly to a company Director.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling; making, reading, and interpreting technical material
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Project Manager role for single discipline projects and expected to represent the client at external client meetings – excellent communication skills essential
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements , as well as financial arrangements for projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Works well within a team environment and is a role model to design and graduate engineers
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Has a strong background in mechanical services design including sustainability and public health design
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least five years’ experience as mechanical engineer
- Ideally hold or working towards chartered status
- Knowledge and instruction of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions of their specific discipline
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
|Contact Name||Neil Jones|
|Telephone||0141 204 2054|
About Margaret Hodge
Margaret Hodge Recruitment is a recruitment consultancy with over 30 years of experience of both temporary and permanent recruitment in Scotland. Margaret Hodge Recruitment provides the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment, and an Employment Business for temporary work.
Please note that due to the high volume of response to job vacancies, we regret that we are unable to respond to every applicant individually. Only candidates who meet the specified criteria will be considered for this role.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist