Project Application EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Closing date: 10 February 2017
The Project Application Engineer is responsible for assisting the Lead Engineering Supervisor (Applications) with the Technical delivery of assigned projects using value engineering. Responsible for coordinating the input of various key internal and external stakeholders, including ownership of any subcontract designs (e.g. Panels), they must have good communications skills. The Application Engineer will typically own the production and coordination of the Tier 2 engineering / design submittal.
This typically includes:
· Tier 2 Submittal
· I/O data point Lists – device list
· Equipment Schedule & Schematics
· Device / Wiring Layout Drawings
· Functional Specifications
· Method statements (Project Specific)
· Demonstration / Acceptance
· Training Handover Documentation
They will also convert the above functional specification document into an operational system then complete off site testing to confirm operational effectiveness.
They will use Change Control logs to create a full audit trail of all design changes in order to support the Project Manager in his Change Order Management activities.
· Possess a comprehensive understanding of high end HVAC applications.
· Assessment of customer site for installation requirements, installation design.
· Develop software, perform ‘bench testing’ if required and deliver commissioning package to field. Assist delivery in start-up as required.
· Control systems design, implementation and documentation.
· Assist for commissioning start-up and checkout of systems on-site as well as project management.
· Consistent delivery of Exceptional Support solutions and innovation to customers.
· Expansion of business value within the market via delighted customer philosophies.
· Consistently exceeding customer expectation.
· Sales Assistance, involving innovative use of latest technology in establishing system design, and providing project estimates.
· Prepare submittals per engineering standards, ensuring commitment dates are met. Review submittals with sales and delivery teams and lead team to obtain submittal approval.
4. Project Management Support:
· Definition of scope.
· Planning / scheduling of project execution.
· Provide technical direction to project team members.
· Provide Technical Support to field technicians.
6. Quality Assurance
· Use Quality Assurance procedures and ensure defect-free hardware and software to field delivery team.
7. Health, Safety and statutory compliance
· Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are upheld.
· Ensures that Honeywell SOPs are adhered to.
Education level and/or relevant experiences:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent polytechnic qualification and experience.
· Excellent computer skills
· Previous experience working with highly complex technical solutions
· Knowledge of networking, database technology and trends in ITT would be highly advantageous
· Proven track record in a project engineering capacity involved in the delivery of technology based projects
· Previous exposure to a site base, construction environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· 3-5 years’ experience in control projects, with extensive on-site knowledge
· Ability to plan and schedule large projects
· Self-starting, able to work with a minimum of supervision
· Willing to develop extensive product knowledge in formal training, and in “on the job” environments, working with latest Honeywell technology
· Able to work cooperatively and provide technical direction in a team environment
· Commitment to customer satisfaction
· Excellent communication – both verbal and written
· The ability to work under pressure
· A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment
· Capacity to deliver against multiple objectives
· Ability to identify technical solutions to customers’ business needs
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Electrical & Controls EngineerCaley Ocean Systems, glasgow
- Senior Control & Instrumentation EngineerFortum O&M UK Ltd, grangemouth
- Commissioning Engineer (Home Based)McAdam King, glasgow
- Project Engineer Or TraineeRitchie, MacKenzie & Co. Ltd., kirkintilloch
- Permit to work ControllerOrion Engineering Services Ltd, rosyth
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist