Technical SupervisorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive Salary & Benefits Dependent on Qualification and Experience
Location: Ayrshire North
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: Chem0012
Chemring Energetics UK is a global business providing a range of equipment based on energetic materials for defence, civil defence and key commercial customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Devices & Chemicals Business Unit to supervise all manufacturing operations within the Devices BU (Chemicals) production areas including Auto Det Loading to ensure all activities are undertaken in a safe, compliant and efficient manner in accordance with production plan.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Ensure all activities within the jobholders control are undertaken in full compliance with H&SE legislation and Company procedures and policies and to report any unsafe acts or unsafe conditions observed promptly (using the Near Miss system)and in accordance with your responsibilities under the Health and safety at Work Act.
- Provide technical guidance to all employees within the area in line with your level of development within the role culminating in jobholder becoming technically competent to stand in for the Chemicals and Analytical Production Manager when required. This role will involve participation and training during commissioning of remaining products within the primary explosives plant and auto det loading facility.
- Project manage ongoing improvements to DD6 processes including chemical processes resulting from issues found during commissioning.
- Assist Chemicals and Analytical Production Manager in ensuring all waste is disposed of in accordance with the site Explosive waste Management Policy.
- Responsible to the Chemicals and Analytical Production Manager for ensuring all activities are undertaken in full compliance with detailed Operating Instructions
- Ensure all operators are trained a-and competency assessed for the tasks they undertake
- Ensure all training records are up to date, signed and available.
- Ensure that all operators are issued with correct PPE and that stocks are available.
- Organise maintenance to ensure minimum downtime
- Carry out activity sampling to ensure all operators are following the required Operating Instruction. Frequency of sampling should be commensurate with the complexity of the task.
- Monitor the Devices BU (chemicals) area performance against agreed levels.
- Ensure adherence to the manufacturing plan
- Ensure that explosives licences are strictly adhered to
- Undertake training and study to ensure that you develop a full understanding of primary explosives and HE manufacturing processes and all primary explosive materials manufactured on site
- Understand and write technical reports.
- Resolution of chemistry problems and plant issues
- Good organisational and communication skills at all levels.
- Project management
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel
- Chemical plant operation and supervision within high hazard industry
- Working with PLC systems
- Working within constraints of a PPC permit
- Chemistry degree or equivalent
- NEBOSH certificate
- Problem solving
- Ability to man manage
- Flexible in out of hours working
- Engineering aptitude
- Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing
- Work in explosives environment
- Experience of Primary and High explosives manufacture
- Lean six sigma green belt
- Explosives Awareness Course
If you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Technical Supervisor then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
***STRICTLY NO AGENCIES***
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist