Head Of EngineeringVacancy posted: Thursday, 22 December 2016
Salary: £ competitive
Closing date: 22 January 2017
Founded in 1815, Macfarlan Smith has almost 200 years of expertise in natural product extractions and chemical synthesis, specialising in opiate narcotics such as codeine and morphine. Today, as part of Johnson Matthey PLC, the company operates to the highest level of cGMP and is the world’s leading manufacturer of opiate alkaloids.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Head of Engineering who will lead a multi-disciplinary team of approximately 40 people in a changing environment, driving best practice and demonstrating strong leadership skills. The Head of Engineering will be responsible for the overall management of the site’s engineering services and for leading the business engineering strategy.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will:
- Develop capital plans for the site including asset replacement and the introduction of new technology
- Deliver efficient and professional project management
- Develop and manage efficient maintenance programmes covering asset integrity, availability and reliability.
- Execute plans for continuous improvement across assets, processes and systems
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and interface with regulators (HSEQ)
Candidates should be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Chemical or Electrical Engineering degree) and have experience in an engineering leadership role in manufacturing ideally in the chemicals/pharmaceuticals industry. A solid understanding of cGMP is highly desirable as is experience of working on a COMAH site.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Macfarlan Smith and to significantly contribute to its success as part of an established, focused leadership team.
To apply, please send your CV with full remuneration details to Ailsa Sutherland.
|Contact Name||Ailsa Sutherland|
|Telephone||0131 539 7087|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist