Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Closing date: 24 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 3242
James Gray Recruitment are actively seeking a civil engineering Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of our clients who are an established contractor in the engineering sector.
- Our client is an established civil engineering contractor based in Edinburgh, covering primarily road surfacing, concrete and infrastructure works;
- Well-recognised and respected, our client offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated Quantity Surveyor to join a steady business with scope for career progression;
- With a wide client-base, they work with various councils, unions, and private businesses, as well as major civil engineering contractors.
What you’ll be doing
- The successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for preparing tender and contract documents, including performing risk, value management and cost control;
- You will perform cost analysis, seek funding options and prepare final accounts for submission;
- Working on civil engineering projects, you will also be responsible for managing costs from inception to completion to minimise cost and maximising value for money.
What you’ll need to be successful
- The ideal candidate will be degree-qualified, with at least an HNC in Quantity Surveying;
- Experience in heavy civils or groundworks, although any civil engineering background will be considered;
- At least 3 years’ post-graduate experience in Quantity Surveying;
- Ideally be situated, or within commutable distance to Edinburgh;
- Confident and comfortable working on projects up to £5m in value.
What’s in it for you
- Annual salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience;
- Pension, life insurance, 30 days' holiday and car;
What you need to do next
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Ronan Neill at James Gray Recruitment.
|Contact Name||Ronan Neill|
|Telephone||0141 404 3454|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist