Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
The Role Involves:
Section Engineer - complex Setting Out
Sub Agent - supervision of setting out
Overseeing junior engineers
- Produces a weekly programme and measures progress against KPI's
- Communicates weekly programme and targets to the workforce
- Monitors as-built programme and reports reasons for difference
- Liaises with subcontractors to ensure works undertaken in line with weekly programme
- Maintain an accurate diary, including dialogue with subcontractors
- Collates Weekly Measure information and monitors wastage against budget allowances / KPI's
- Labour and plant reconciliations
- Identifies items of additional work and raises the necessary notifications
- Works to specific terms, conditions and outputs of relevant subcontractors and suppliers
Health Safety & Environmental
- Prepare RAMS
- Prepares Temporary Works Briefs, monitor implementation
- Visitor Inductions
- Incident investigations to required standard
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Produces Activity Control Plans / Inspection and Test Plans and obtains approval
- Ensures that Site Engineers complete the required quality check sheets on a timely basis for the works
- Identifies, raises and actions NCRs within section.
- Identifies and raises Technical Queries with possible solutions.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Civil Engineering with Strong knowledge of construction process in one or more of the following areas: Earthworks/Drainage, Pavement, Comms, Structures, Roadworks
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11250
Closing Date: 24 October 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
|Contact Name||Contract Scotland|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist