Estimator (MEICA/Utilities)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: JH - 37612
Eden Scott's client, one of Scotland's leading utilities companies, is looking for an estimator to join their team. The contract will initially be for 6 months but view a view to extension past this for the right candidate and will be based within Central Scotland (Glasgow or Edinburgh).
Candidates should have estimating experince within one or more of the following feilds: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Capital Maintenance, Water, Waste Water processes for Non Infrastructure projects; with a strong understanding of the construction project process from design through to construction.
Candidates will be responsible for a range fo activities including:
- Develop and price projects using EES and PEF.
- Estimation of the capital costs of MEICA, Civil, Capital Maintenance, Water and Waste Water projects
- Preparing estimates from design information, frameworks and first principles utilising proprietary estimating tools.
- Producing Whole Life Cost information
- Negotiating with Alliance Partners and Contractors
- Advising on area of technical expertise
- M&E experience is essential along with exposure to a civil engineering background. In Particular we would be looking to talk to candidates with direct experience of working within a similar role in a utilities setting, preferably on Water or Waste Water Projects (both non infrastructure and non-infrastructure will be considered).
- Capital Maintenance Projects work, again work within the Water and Waste Water industry would be highly beneficial
- Good knowledge of risk allocation, the construction industry and engineering contracts
- Experience of performing audits on estimates
- Educated to HNC level within a relevant discipline
- Candidates should be able to capture data in a consistent, clear and auditable manner and be able to effectively communicate its relevance to the project
- Internal and External Stakeholder Management experience with a high level of commercial awareness
- A high level of computer literacy, in particular candidates should hold advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Working within tight timescale and budget restraints to deliver excellent results
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail please contact Jill Hunter.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Jill Hunter|
|Telephone||0131 550 1136|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist