PlannerVacancy posted: Monday, 9 January 2017
Closing date: 23 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 3288
James Gray are actively recruiting for an experienced Planner on behalf of one of our key clients who are an established main contractor in the civil engineering sector.
- Our client is a privately-owned business operating across Scotland for the past 50 years exclusively within civil engineering;
- With work across various sectors, including rail, water, infrastructure, roads and bridges, this is a fantastic career opportunity to join a recognized leading business, with great scope for progression within the company.
What you’ll be doing
- In this Greater Glasgow-based role, you will be responsible for developing concise time scales for civil engineering projects;
- Provide planning management for the business, and support both pre-construction and contract operations for Water and Marine-based clients;
- Manage and integrate change events into the programme;
- Liaise closely with operational and commercial staff;
- Develop, manage and present your findings during internal meetings, and display your work to clients.
What you’ll need to be successful
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Planner in a civil engineering environment, ideally from a contracting background;
- A career path demonstrating progression, from a Site Engineering role to Sub/Site Agent to Planner;
- Ideally degree-qualified in Civil Engineering;
- Strong experience in the Water and Marine sectors is essential;
- Sound practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and SketchUp;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Extensive experience working with NEC3 contracts;
- Thorough understanding of scope, constraints and risk in contract documents;
- Exceptional commercial acumen with a good understanding of change control;
- Ability to drive and develop a programme from inception to completion, with production of construction methodologies.
What’s in it for you
- Salary ranging from c. £40,000-£50,000 depending on experience;
- Company car or car allowance;
- Pension and healthcare.
What you need to do next
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Ronan Neill at James Gray Recruitment.
|Telephone||0141 404 3454|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist