Vacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
We are working in partnership with a well-established, bespoke, timberframe company who is actively seeking to grow and develop its existing design team. The company is known for its innovate designs as well as its strong customer service focus, allowing each client to be treated as an individual and allowing them to create their ideal home. No standard housing types involved and more importantly no suits, just real people.
The company supplies across Scotland and England offering both a supply and erect service or supply only. It also offers a bespoke design service as well as assisting clients with the planning and building regulations processes and approvals.
To be successful in this role you will be/have;
• Enjoy working as part of a close knit team
• Willing to learn and develop your skills and knowledge
• Relevant experience of using AutoCAD and similar programmes (essential)
• A passion for design
• Able to provide a high level of customer service and interact with clients on a personal level
Key responsibilities & competencies;
• Effectively manage a given project throughout the construction phase
• Create Mitek WoodEngine (AutoCAD) format construction drawings
• Create scheduling reports of project materials using MBA software & Microsoft Excel 2010
• Establish an effective working relationship with clients as so to fully satisfy their service requirements
• Effectively communicate and liaise with all parties involved in a project to ensure all requirements are fully satisfied
• Prepare project risk assessments in accordance with company CDM procedures
• Carry out specific operations as identified by Technical Directors
• Visit construction sites to monitor and manage progress and address construction issues
• Assist technical staff and contribute to the collective workload of the technical team
• Conduct first contact telephone sales enquiries and carry out specified procedure in response
• Actively contribute to technical meetings
* Please note, due to the travel involved within this role you must hold a suitable driving licence.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11162
Closing Date: 19 October 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist