Experienced Electrical (Building Services/Rail) Design Engineer
Due to an increasing workload at our thriving city centre office, SVM Glasgow are able to create new, exciting vacancy for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects from the outset, making this a diverse and appealing opportunity. The projects we are currently working on include transport, commercial, retail, residential and leisure venues. The duties of the role include supporting senior engineers/director on projects and areas of multi-discipline projects including design and undertaking project management on smaller projects with the assistance of other staff members. The successful candidate must be able to work under their own initiative and function well as part of a team. Good written and verbal communication skills are a necessity as is the ability to be focused on the needs of our clients.
- Good working knowledge of BS7671.
- Creating and developing designs for DNO connections, power distribution, lighting, earthing, standby power supplies, protection etc in compliance with applicable standards.
- Carrying out calculations and producing drawings for engineered designs.
- Supporting other members of staff.
- Project management of smaller projects from outset to completion.
- Delivering multiple projects concurrently, whilst achieving completion within agreed timescales
- Continuous professional development and awareness of new technologies.
- Site & condition surveys.
- Attending design meetings and liaising with contractors and clients
- Following all internal Q/A and Health and Safety procedures.
To apply, please send in your CV and a covering letter, including current remuneration details to: Elise McLean, SVM Glasgow, First Floor, 84 Miller Street, Glasgow, G1 1DT,
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Preferably qualified to degree level in an applicable electrical engineering or building services discipline (or in the process of obtaining).
- Experience as a time served electrician advantageous.
- Experience in a design consultancy environment with an emphasis on electrical designs on a wide range of projects (minimum 3 years) or equivalient.
- Proficient in the use of design software including AutoCAD, Amtech & Hevacomp. (as applicable)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good technical Electrical knowledge and experience in design calculations, generating design drawings and writing design/performance specifications.
- Knowledge of sustainable design & technologies.
Desirable but non-essential requirements:
- Working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Experience within transport/railway projects.
- Driving licence.
In return we offer a competitive package, with unique bonus structure and a stimulating working environment where professional growth is guaranteed. This is an excellent opportunity for those genuinely interested in developing themselves and their career in the building services/design engineering industry.
About this company
SVM Glasgow is a dynamic and experienced building and electrical technical engineering services consultancy established in Glasgow from 2004. An increasing evolutions of railway specialism with considerable experience in this particular field.
Our size, independence and experience enables us to design sensitive engineering services solutions to provide both flexible and precise levels of environment commensurate with the ever challenging needs of both modern building demands and clients. Our portfolio of current and recent work covers a wide range of projects for example; shopping centres; railway properties; sports and leisure centres; hospitals and healthcare; museums and galleries; office accommodation; industrial buildings etc.
More recently tackling the issue of sustainability and energy conservation for existing and new design buildings. We offer National coverage from Glasgow office.
|Contact Name||Elise McLean|
84 Miller Street
About SVM Glasgow
SVM Glasgow is a dynamic and experienced building engineering services consultancy created following a divergence from the respected and experienced SVM Consulting Engineers group. Increasingly becoming a railway specialist with over 25years relevant experience in this particular field.
Our size, independence and experience enables us to design sensitive engineering services solutions to provide both flexible and precise levels of environment commensurate with the ever challenging needs of both modern building demands and clients. Our portfolio of current and recent work covers a wide range of projects for example, luxury residences; shopping centres; railway properties; sports and leisure centres; hospitals and healthcare; museums and galleries; office accommodation; industrial buildings etc.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist