Technical/ Engineering Team Leader (Electrical bias)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Job ref. no.: DC0942
The main purpose of the role us to lead a small team of maintenance technicians to deliver a step change in engineering performance of an operational area to ensure operations achieve the required performance levels of plant and site services including line efficiency, yield, product and packaging quality in order to meet business needs and customer expectations.
You will have an electrical bias to trade, though ideally have some level of multi-skilling, coupled with excellent leadership potential. The successful candidate may not have had significant people management line responsibility, but should have demonstrable leadership attributes, coupled with a strong desire to move into a leadership role. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Lead, manage and develop your team of technicians to deliver a step change in Engineering performance
- Provide front line manufacturing technical support to significantly improve engineering performance.
- Take ownership for effective Planned Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Repair, Documentation, Project related work, Continuous Improvement, Equipment Modification Overhaul and Replacement and other initiatives within your area of responsibility in support of the manufacturing operation.
- Improve engineering effectiveness through the introduction of key performance indicators, improvement plans including but not limited to the following aspects of performance, downtime, major downtime learning logs, planned maintenance, line changes, changeovers, product integrity, root cause analysis, start up and shutdown and lubrication.
- Manage and develop your team against defined Performance Criteria
- Identify personnel and technical training needs for you and your reports against the competence models and provide an annual training matrix requirement to the Maintenance Team Leader
- Provision of Revenue and Capex budgets for your area of responsibility
- Manage and control revenue and CAPEX spend for your area of responsibility to agreed budget levels
- Continually review and administer engineering systems, procedures and maintenance practices in support of your area of responsibility
The successful candidate will be educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline, with an Electrical/Electronic background. Experience within a manufacturing/FMCG environment would be advantageous. The ability to lead a small team to deliver a significant improvement in performance, including prioritisation, coordination of short and long term activities and targets, would be ideal. Interested parties should send their CV and salary requirements to Daniel Cairney of Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (part of Brightwork Ltd).
Brightwork Ltd is an employment agency for candidates seeking temporary work, and an employment business for candidates seeking permanent work.
|Contact Name||Daniel Cairney|
|Telephone||0141 272 8129|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Daniel Cairney Tel :- 0141 272 8129|
About Brightwork Specialist Recruitment
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (BWSR) was founded in June 2008 to support the existing and growing Brightwork Ltd business to provide a more comprehensive service to clients and candidates across a wide range of industries.
Our expertise lies primarily within the core areas of Supply Chain and Procurement, Logistics, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Operations Management and all levels of Human Resource Management.
As a 100% employee owned business, we are committed to ensuring optimum service levels to our clients and candidates.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist