Systems Engineer - Marine ProductsVacancy posted: Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Salary: Depending on experience
Veripos Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our busy Research and Development Team. The successful candidate will be located at our Dyce site in Aberdeen reporting to the Development Manager.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be working within the Veripos technical team on a variety of satellite positioning related projects and products including, but not limited to, our Marine product line.
The role encompasses all aspects of systems product development e.g. creating robust and complete requirements, defining product roadmaps, scoping out design effort, designing system architecture and researching various technologies to enhance performance.
Whilst being responsible for the overall system engineering of the products you will provide hardware expertise within projects and liaise closely with the software development team.
You will adhere and contribute to Veripos’ design best practices and design processes. You will pro-actively work with the functional domain teams to identify and mitigate risk and to ensure that system designs meet functional, quality, schedule and cost targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc / BEng in Engineering with 5 + years of experience, including demonstrable time in a systems engineering role
- Electronics Hardware experience
- Understanding and knowledge of system engineering principles, with proven record of applying these in cross-functional product development
- Well versed in developing and managing verifiable system level requirements for both hardware and software
- key technical challenges in meeting the roadmap
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with product/system verification processes and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- An understanding and strong working knowledge of GNSS receivers and the integration and use of GNSS enabled systems in end products/applications
- Experience and knowledge of engineering and marine industry standards
- System level engineering within the Marine navigation environment is an asset
- Experience in Geomatics, GNSS signal tracking, DSP, MatLab, and Python
Veripos offer a package of benefits that include:
- Pleasant working environment with parking
- Competitive remuneration package including 33 days annual leave.
|Contact Name||Deborah Duncan|
|Contact Instructions||Please submit CV to email@example.com|
1B Farburn Terrace
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist