Commissioning EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Closing date: 18 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 1014112
About the role:
Depending on the commissioning manager, the candidate will be responsible to perform and/or supervise the commissioning of all apparatus and systems within substation, overhead line and cable projects. The work will require coordinate our subcontractor to achieve the completion of the commissioning. In addition, it will be needed to review on site commissioning procedures of the test to be performed, check the final commissioning dossier, contact the equipment manufacturers, participate in the commissioning contract specifications, and assist to commissioning meetings with the project manager, the commissioning manager and the group or external owners.
- Help for ensuring projects (air and insulated substations, overhead lines and underground lines, transformer replacements etc..) are commissioned according UK and international normative, in a defined time, in accordance with Engineering,Construction and client specifications.
- Check that test values results are in compliance with UK and international normative.
- Review, with the help of the commissioning manager, the site commissioning tests of the project, creating a detailed programme of works, communicate and agree with various Discipline managers, Project managers, Suppliers, Client, Key Account Manager and Project Administrator.
- Help to the commissioning manager to be the site point of contact for your discipline area. Management and coordination of contractor commissioning resources (contractors, manufacturers), plan and chair site meetings, complete full site quality, safety and environmental inspections. Deal with and resolve disputes whether they are technical, economical or other.
- Be able to check the commissioning procedures detailing the process to be followed in each test of the different equipment (combined voltage and current transformers, disconnectors, transformers, protection equipment, etc).
- The candidate will survey the commissioning work performed by the subcontractor, so it will be necessary to know the steps to be followed at each test (helped by the commissioning manager)
- As principle contractor ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations
- Help to the commissioning manager to conduct progress, co-ordination and interface meetings with the team, client and contractors.
- Prepare and review tender documents including commissioning tests to be performed, contractor’s scope of works, costs, and programme according to our standards and specifications (helped by the commissioning manager)
- Provide regular reports on commissioning status. Minimise variations of the program and manage the variation process. Review contractor’s milestones and confirm accuracy.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Design, Commercial, Civil, Electrical, Safety, Quality and Environmental staff whilst supervising contractors and manufacturers.
- Provide technical support, advice and instructions (related to your discipline area) to various contractors and others on site (helped by the commissioning manager)
- Deliver commissioning site works in accordance with Engineering and Construction Quality and Environmental processes and procedures. Minimise non-conformance's or resolved within specified timescales.
- Perform and/or supervise Condition Control site data acquisition
What you will need:
- Previous experience in commissioning major substation and transmission lines projects (both fields electrical and protection works)
- Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience.
- In possession of safety certificates delivered by the client, enough to perform and manage commissioning activities in energized areas. Or equivalent diplomas to obtain client’s permits in a little time.
- Knowledge on UK commissioning electrical normative. Experience regarding both electrical and protection tests.
- Skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document management and Programme management packages
- Knowledge of Transmission Operator, REC or DNO health & safety requirements and technical compliance
- Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM /CDM-C /CCNSG /CSCS Supervisor Passport /IOSH Managing Safely (or similar)
- Contract Management (FIDIC, NEC3 etc)
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Knowledge on main safety regulations concerning the commissioning works.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent working location
- Attractive Rate
|Telephone||0141 226 8155|
About NRL Ltd
Providers of technical and engineering personnel to the oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation, construction industries.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist