Electrical EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: £ Dependent on experience
Location: Fort William
Closing date: 27 January 2017
The role of the Electrical Engineer is to provide the electrical knowledge and technical expertise needed within the Lochaber Maintenance Group and support Maintenance Engineers, Supervisors and Planners in relation to work on electrical support electrically biased engineering projects across the smelter
- Assessing feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions, equipment, or processes.
- Maintaining/optimising existing assets and applying complex problem solving techniques.
- Delivering results on several project/process specific KPIs.
- Contributing to successful project scoping and development by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements.
- Coordinating the planning, organisation, and implementation of projects within constraints of specific objectives, budget, resources and target dates.
- Coordinating project activities with other operating, engineering units and stakeholders to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Coordinating the implementation of design engineering solutions.
- Reviewing project-related documentation for accuracy and relevancy.
- Assisting in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Outlines project requirements, assigning tasks, and supervising progress to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Interpreting internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Conducting complex equipment failure investigation and mitigation including different operating or engineering units.
- Have a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process.
The successful candidate is required to have an HNC in Electrical Engineering as a minimum, along with 10 years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment. A Formal qualification in operational switching on High Voltage electrical systems and a good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, Statutory Inspections and relevant ISO Standards.
A Degree qualification in Electrical engineering would be an advantage.
About GFG Alliance
Lochaber Smelter is an Aluminium Smelter located in the Highlands of Scotland. The site is managed by Liberty British Aluminium and SIMEC, who are members of the GFG Alliance.
The site includes 2 Reduction Pot lines, a Casting Plant, Power Stations (Lochaber & Kinlochleven), associated hydro schemes and estates. Lochaber Power Station generates an average of 68MW & Kinlochleven Power Station generates 20MW. The site produces approximately 47,000 tonnes of aluminium a year.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist