Senior Electrical Design EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 3113
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
James Gray are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer on behalf of one of our clients which is a nationally established building services consultancy with extensive expertise in sustainability.
- Has an innovative and solutions driven approach to problem solving, cooperating as a team to find the most effective way of completing a task
- Has a culture of challenging the individual, whilst retaining a collaborating approach within the team
- Lead projects when necessary.
- Attend and take a prominent role in client meetings, and communicate directly with clients when required. Inform relevant colleagues of any updates with regards to the client.
- Take a lead role in suggesting innovative solutions for design problems and communicate and explain the methodology behind the solution to all relevant colleagues. Help to review and amend designs when necessary.
- Help to delegate work between the other engineers, graduate engineers and technical engineers. Provide them with assistance when necessary and continually ensure that their work meets the required standard.
- Ensure that individual projects will help the company to meet its overall financial objectives whilst also meeting the clients brief.
- Communicate with principal engineers or associate engineers regarding any major decision that is to be made/has been made.
What the ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- A Bachelors level degree(BSc or BEng), in electrical engineering or building services engineering or similar) is essential, and a Masters level degree (MSc or MEng) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience in building services/with an MEP consultancy.
- It is desirable that the candidate has experience with software including Hevacomp, Amtech, Relux and Dialux.
- Should be able to use their initiative to come up with electrical services design solutions with limited supervision, and should be confident in the solutions that they present. They should have experience on working on solutions including lighting for buildings projects across sectors such as Healthcare, Education, Leisure, Commercial or Residential.
- A willingness to accept some responsibility for the team’s performance.
- Great organizational and planning skills for scheduling and balancing workload in order to deliver projects on time.
- Very good communication and teamwork skills.
- A competitive salary of between £35,000 and £43,000 (depending upon level of experience) plus benefits
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Robyn Bell or Mario Fionda at James Gray Recruitment.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist