Electrical Design EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 3120
Electrical Design Engineer/Senior Electrical Design Engineers
James Gray are actively recruiting for a number of Electrical Design Engineers (or Senior Electrical Design Engineers) on behalf of one of our key clients who are a multidisciplinary consultancy operating on an international basis.
- Is looking to fill a number of positions in order to cope with the increased demands of an increased and diverse workload
- Are looking to employ electrical design engineers on a permanent basis, facilitating their development as the company grows upon its success base.
- Is based in central Glasgow
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects when necessary.
- Attend and take a prominent role in client meetings, and communicate directly with clients when required. Inform relevant colleagues of any updates with regards to the client.
- Undertake business development activities when required including providing input with resource management, bid submissions, client meetings and design team meetings (internal and site).
- Take a lead role in suggesting innovative solutions for design problems and communicate and explain the methodology behind the solution to all relevant colleagues. Help to review and amend designs when necessary.
- Help to delegate work between the other engineers, graduate engineers and technical engineers. Provide them with assistance when necessary and continually ensure that their work meets the required standard.
- Ensure that individual projects will help the company to meet its overall financial objectives whilst also meeting the clients brief.
- Must be technically competent but should also be capable of undertaking managerial activities
- Should have a professional manner
- A Bachelors level degree (BSc or BEng), in electrical engineering or building services engineering or similar) is essential, and a Masters level degree (MSc or MEng) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience in building services/with an MEP consultancy.
- It is desirable that the candidate has experience with software including Hevacomp, Amtech, Relux and Dialux.
- Should be able to use their initiative to come up with electrical services design solutions with limited supervision, and should be confident in the solutions that they present. It is essential that their background is on building projects, and desirable that they have gained experience on healthcare or education projects.
- Very good communication and teamwork skills.
- A competitive salary of £40,000- £48,000 (depending upon level of experience)
- Excellent benefits package including health insurance, pension, life assurance and other flexible benefits.
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Robyn Bell or Mario Fionda at James Gray Recruitment.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist