Electrical & Controls EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Closing date: 31 January 2017
Electrical & Controls Engineer
We are currently seeking a talented individual to back fill the role of Electrical & Controls Engineer in our Engineering design office in Govan, Glasgow
The main responsibilities of the role are to provide electrical and controls technical expertise for the projects and products designed within the division, from top level design through to detailed design, component selection and verification. You will also manage and control all electrical & control procurement, documentation and information release and any other activities that are in line with project requirements.
The main accountabilities for the role are:
• Technical support role for electrical and control department for projects and products
• Planning of contract electrical and control design activities to achieve project and department deadlines
• Specification/selection/verification of components
• Creation and control of hardware and software design for projects and products
• Creation and control of instructions for manufacture, assembly and test
• Factory and site testing and commissioning including demonstration of control systems to clients
• Review and advise corrective actions for manufacture, assembly and test issues.
• Drive Lean Manufacturing initiatives supporting cost reduction, efficiency, delivery and Quality improvements.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy to ensure safe working environment
Suitable candidates will have a degree in electrical/control engineering or other relevant engineering discipline as well as proven experience in Control System Design, PLC programming, Instrumentation specification and selection and Electrical system design. You will have CAD experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills. It would be desirable if you have experience of software programming and high volume systems, knowledge of process industry specifications and standards and experience of hazardous area specification and standards.
|Contact Name||William Thomson|
Watermark Business Park
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- International Installation Technician / Electrical / MechanicalBluetownonline Ltd, glasgow
- Senior Control & Instrumentation EngineerFortum O&M UK Ltd, grangemouth
- Commissioning Engineer (Home Based)McAdam King, glasgow
- Electrical Building Services Design EngineerACTS Partnership Ltd, glasgow
- Project Application EngineerHoneywell, motherwell
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist