Lead Systems EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Closing date: 26 September 2016
Job ref. no.: KT - 31299
Lead Systems Engineer
Eden Scott's client based in Edinburgh has been creating world class radio and transponder products for the aviation industry for 10 years and is growing rapidly. They have built up a team passionate about aviation and are looking for like-minded, enthusiastic engineers to join their growing team. They are global experts in the latest avionics communications standards with special focus on general aviation and have recently moved to new, larger premises to allow their expansion to continue. They are taking on some significant new development programs in avionics, and need highly motivated, experienced engineers to grow their team and bring these products to market
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you shall be responsible for technical contributions and team leadership to develop complete leading edge products. You shall be expert in embedded systems and software development with good technical depth in electronic embedded digital, analogue or RF designs. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with people with various skill sets, focus on the prioritised activities and work with your team to complete project deliverables. You will have experience working with suppliers and manufacturing teams to ensure your product makes a smooth transition into volume production and have experienced the full product development and manufacturing introduction life cycle for certified products. You will have a university degree relevant to your engineering discipline and have good experience in a product development role.
Knowledge of aircraft systems and equipment interfaces is an advantage as is an interest in aviation. Knowledge and experience of certification of products and ensuring manufacturability (DFM) is also an advantage.
Essential skills and experience
* Embedded software development (C or C++)
* Requirements driven development processes.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of product development involving digital and analogue sub-systems
* Experience in leading a project
* Software design responsibility for a product that has gone into volume production
* Experience of the whole product life cycle from requirements capture through implementation to validation
* High standard of technical documentation
Other skills relevant to this role
* High assurance development processes (e.g. DO-178B and DO-254)
* Embedded digital or DSP / mixed signal design
* Embedded real time systems
* RF development
* FPGA design (VHDL or Verilog)
* Power supply design
* Avionics systems knowledge
* External sub-contractor management
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and have several years' industry experience in a similar environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a young, dynamic, growing company within a specialised market sector. You can expect a competitive salary + share options.
For further information please contact Keith Tocher on 0131 550 1130 or email
|Contact Name||Keith Tocher|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist